February 19, 2008
At Hellewell Technologies we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products, services, and websites offered by Hellewell Technologies, LLC, including Smart Budget.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or write to us at Hellewell Technologies LLC, 8765 N Clubhouse Ln, Eagle Mountain, Utah, 84005 USA.
Information we collect and how we use it:
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Account information - When you sign up for a Smart Budget Account, we ask for your personal information (such as name, email address, and an account password). This information is used to provide a secure and useful Smart Budget experience. Hellewell Technologies may send you information related to your Smart Budget account or other services.
- Finance information - Hellewell Technologies processes the information you enter for various purposes, including formatting and displaying the information to you, backing up your data, and other purposes relating to offering you Smart Budget.
- Log information - When you use Hellewell Technology services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications - When you send email or other communication to Hellewell Technologies, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our products and services to users, including the display of advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
Choices for personal information
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Hellewell Technologies may not be able to provide those services to you.
Information you enter, such as transaction descriptions, may be shared with Google to provide contextual ads.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise share your personal information with any other third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Hellewell Technologies, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who have a budget with a particular name, for example, or the average size of a checking account. Such information does not identify you individually.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Hellewell Technology employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Hellewell Technologies processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information When you use Hellewell Technologies services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Enforcement Hellewell Technologies regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Hellewell Technologies's treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site or by writing to us at Hellewell Technologies LLC, 8765 N Clubhouse Ln, Eagle Mountain, Utah 84005 USA. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Hellewell Technologies's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Hellewell Technologies and an individual.
Changes to this policy
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this website or at Hellewell Technologies LLC, 8765 N Clubhouse Ln, Eagle Mountain, Utah 84005 USA.